In part 2 of this tutorial we'll install the SteamCMD client so we can then install the Killing Floor 2 game server. This portion takes about 15-20 minutes to complete.
- Connect to your server via SSH
- Update and upgrade the system
apt-get update && apt-get upgrade -y
- Create a Steam user to run the Killing Floor 2 server as
useradd -m steam
- Install the SteamCMD client and tmux. Tmux will be used to run the server in a detached session.
apt-get install -y steamcmd tmux
- Change to the steam user
su - steam
- Start a tmux session called kf2-server
tmux new -s kf2-server
- Install the Killing Floor 2 Server. This step takes about 10-15 minutes to complete.
steamcmd +login anonymous +force_install_dir ./kf2 +app_update 232130 +exit
- Reboot the server once your download has completed.
# Detach the tmux session Ctrl+B (let these both go, then press) D # Exit out of the steam user account exit # Reboot the server reboot
Proceed to Part 3 - Configuring the Killing Floor 2 server and enabling the web interface